Constellate, the new text and data analytics service from JSTOR and Portico is a platform for learning and performing text analysis, building datasets, and sharing analytics course materials. The platform provides value to users in three core areas -- they can teach and learn text analytics, build datasets from across multiple content sources, and visualize and analyze their datasets:
Learn & Teach
- Template and Tutorial Code: Work with template Jupyter Notebooks to analyze your dataset and learn about text analytics (with additional environments forthcoming, such as R Studio).
- Lessons and Documentation: Lessons and educational materials created by a community of experts, including those from the NEH-funded Text Analysis Pedagogy Institutes.
- Collaborative Teaching Materials Creation: Users may create, edit, reuse and collaborate in the creation of tutorials, code, documentation, and other educational resources for text analysis (our tutorial notebooks are all available in GitHub, in addition to being accessible in our Analytics Lab).
- Multiple Collections: Anchor collections from JSTOR and Portico, with additional content sources continually added (such as Library of Congress’ Chronicling America). Further details about the collections are available.
- Data Download in JSON
- All content - bibliographic metadata and unigrams
- JSTOR content - bibliographic metadata, unigrams, bigrams, trigrams
- Open content - bibliographic metadata, full-text, unigrams, bigrams, trigrams
- Dataset Dashboard: Easily view datasets you have built or accessed.
- Analytics Lab: Integrated computational environment powered by BinderHub that will allow users to seamlessly analyze text content using provided template Jupyter Notebooks and tutorials.
- Visualize: Built-in visualizations for your datasets.
- Work with Rights Restricted Full Text: Access to substantial compute cycles to work with the full text of rights restricted content (forthcoming in late 2021 -- until then, it is possible to request JSTOR content through a personal agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Are you interested in learning more or signing up for our beta evaluation period? Read more!